Skip to main content

How to make a habit stick.The 2 minuet rule, making a habit into reality!

Are you demotivated or cant seem to do the things you want to do that you know will improve your life and health? I know that feeling, wanting to do something but not being able to do it because when it comes to that time you have doubt,  and think you dont have the time and will rather do something els. An example is with me, im trying to loose weight and trying so hard to get into certian habits like; 

- Waking up early

- Exercising at least 5 days a week and

- Eating healthy



Most people want to start a habit like exercise but dont have the motivation, they will think in it the night before, excited but when it comes to the next morning, they will keep making excuses and never end up doing it with days, even months going by without even starting. That's where the 2 min rule comes in. 2 minutes might not be enough time to complete a task but the thing is, you are at least starting and doing something than nothing and after 21 days it becomes a habit.



Reading is good, we all know it but who can agree ,sometimes we make too many excuses like, I dont have time to read. But in reality we dont realise how good reading is for us, weather you are 7 years of age or 70. And reading staring from a book is even better. 



Here is a short 10 benefits of reading a book and why you should be reading everyday,  will make a more detailed article in future. 10 benefits are;
1. Mental Stimulation 
2. Stress Reduction 
3. Knowledge 
4. Vocabulary Expansion 
5. Memory Improvement
6. Stronger Analytical Thinking Skills
7. Improved Focus & Concentration 
8. Better Writing Skills
9. Tranquility 
10. Free Entertainment 



Just some points on why it is good to read. Take just 2 minutes everyday to read in the beginning and you will see soon you will be reading more and more. Same with anything you want to do. Like I started knitting which is easy but only done it twice , crocheting is difficult , I done it a few times but stopped and even if I just practice 2 minutes a day every day in the beginning,  and it will become such a habit that I'll be doing it everyday for much longer in a day.



knitting is so easy but there is alot to learn especially if you want to make a Jersey or something and practice makes perfect so start with 2 minutes everyday,  it will do wonders.





And so is it with anything knitting, sewing, crocheting etc. Also the same with doing a sport or playing a instrument like piano , I cant play but I bet you if I start learning for 2 minutes a day I'll get so good at it. Everything takes practice and you need to do this to get better at it.


Same with riding a bicycle,  whether you are small and a beginner or an adult,  you have to practice to get better at it and if you dont practice a little everyday you will loose interest and then you will never beable to do it. 




In a nutshell, start with doing a certain thing 2 minutes a day to make it a habit and then you can increase it to 5 minutes everyday after 21 days and every 21 days increase the minutes, you will see it will do wonders and that it will become second nature. There is so many ways we can improve ourselves,  even a stay at home mom like me, anything is possible,  start small baby steps like 2 minutes a day.
Start your wonderful today.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Misscarriages are Heartbreaking.How loosing my first baby at 21 weeks of pregnancy affected me in a positive and negative way.

There is the positive and negative in every situation, but focus more on the positive. Me and my husband got married 24 July 2012 and we were trying to get pregnant and it didnt happen. Then in march 2013 I went to a gynecologist to have a pelvic scan to see that everything was fine , and that's when the doctor discovered that my cervix was tilted. She told me what I have to do, be in a certain position and it will work. So me and my husband tried it and it worked. Sometime in early April 2013 I was sick with the flu and I was going to just get medicine from the pharmacy but something said to me , go and see a doctor, which I know now it was Jesus, the Holy Spirit. So I phoned my husband and still that same day we went to the doctor. And by this place they automatically do a pregnancy test, I still remember she took my urine and I was finishing up in the toilet and when I came out I heard the nurse was excited, and we knew her from previous visits and she knew we were trying to get

Diastasis Recti. What is it? What can I do to fix it?

  What is Diastasis Recti? Diastasis recti is common in women who are over 35, deliver a high birth weight baby or have a multiple pregnancy. It's usually most noticeable right after delivery. It also occurs in middle aged and older men with abdominal obesity. Diastasis Recti,  before I had it I never knew it existed. And the cause 9 out of 10 times is from pregnancy unfortunately.  I had 2 kids via c section and after my first son noticed a dome shape boulge above my belly button if I was lying down and was getting up. I really took note when other people started noticing saying I should have it checked out as it looked like I had a hernia. But through all doctors visits all of them , well most of them said it's not a hernia, its Diastasis Recti that can be fixed with exercises.  Surgery wasn't a option and in this week done some phoning around because if I can get surgery done to close the gap I would go for it but my medical aid and all medical aids doesnt cover that typ